- Talk 1: Reconfiguration problems in motion planning, part 1
- Talk 2: Reconfiguration problems in motion planning, part 2
In these two talks, we consider a number of motion planning reconfiguration problems that involve n degrees-of-freedom. Several open problems will be mentioned.
- Talk 3: Localization, path planning, and navigation problems
Here we consider several problems for robots modelled as points, including putting theory into practice.
- Talk 4: Geometric representations of graphs
This talk considers expressing the binary relationships of graphs by means of binary geometric relationships such as visibility and contact.
- Talk 5: Fixed Parameter Tractability (FPT) for graph layout problems
Solving graph layout problems optimally is often intractable. Here we take a fixed parameter approach, and consider some experimental results.
- Talk 6: Kinetic Data Structures (KDS’s)
Kinetic data structures facilitate solution of problems on point sets that are in motion. We review the concept and some examples of its application, including a problem of graph layout on vertices that are moving.
- Talk 1. Introduction to Architectural Geometry; motivation & overview; basics on curvatures
- Talk 2. Basic structures in Architectural Geometry: planar quad meshes, conical and circular meshes, offsets and the geometry of support structures, developable surfaces, developable strip models
- Talk 3. Form-finding and Computational Design: interactive modeling under nonlinear constraints via guided projection onto constraint varieties; geometry and statics; fabrication-aware design
Uncertainty is an important facet of computer science that has received considerable attention in recent years. Due to the spatial nature of algorithms studied in computational geometry, issues related to uncertainty take on a unique form. In this lecture series, we will explore different possible ways to interpret uncertainty and its effect on existing algorithms, as well as review different algorithmic approaches to deal with uncertainty.
- Talk 1. INTRODUCTION: Introduction to Uncertainty in Computational Geometry
- Talk 2. ERROR BOUNDS: Propagating Error Bounds in Uncertain Geometric Computation
- Talk 3. PREPROCESSING: Preprocessing and Storing Uncertain Geometric Data
- Talk 4. PROBABILITY: Probabilistic Geometric Uncertainty and Independence